The American Foundation for Civil Liberties & Freedom (AFCLF.Org) is a transpartisan, people-powered (unity oriented) Civil Liberties Non-Profit focused on the top issues on the minds of the public today, such as Election Integrity, BigTech Censorship, Cancel Culture, Forced Vaccinations, and Systemic Racism like Critical Race Theory, Coke’s “Be Less White” campaign, etc.
We are looking for a passionate leader to come aboard, grow with us, who is passionate about the issues, believes in the mission, is great at writing, communicating, fundraising, & getting people involved. This position will have professional mentoring and immense support from legal, consulting, professional growth opportunity, mentoring, leadership support, and most of all, gratitude from the people who will be standing beside you in the fight!
This role would start part-time with the objective to help us work you into a full-time role! Internships/Volunteers welcome to inquire about roles.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as AFCLF’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance AFCLF’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Public outreach, speaking and appearances
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Not a right role for you? Tell us how you can help
If our current roles don’t fit your strength, there are other ways to to get involved and make a difference:
Tell us about your strength and desire to get involve
Refer someone who might fit this role to us
Tell your friends about us